In a world where you’re constantly fishing for future residents, your website acts as your fishing pole, one of your primary tools to reel in new renters. Your website is such an effective tool because it serves two main purposes: it captivates the attention of your prospects and invites them to have further contact with you.
How to Captive Your Prospects’ Attention
Research shows that 65% of people are visual learners. Visuals help people to both process and remember new information. Therefore, your website’s visuals will play a big role in engaging and interesting prospects while also helping them to remember your community. Here are a few ways visuals can impact your prospects:
1. High quality photos. Well-lit, professional-looking pictures help future renters to imagine themselves living in an apartment. Photograph each room from different angles to give prospects a comprehensive view of their future home.
2. Virtual tours. Virtual Tours are quickly becoming the most effective way to market apartment units. Matterport is one of the best companies to offer virtual property tours. Visit their website to see how well their service works. Adding virtual tours to your website causes prospects to spend more time on your website and increases desire to come in and talk to a leasing agent.
3. Testimonials. Create a video with testimonials from some of your “raving fan” residents. 84% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, and by putting those reviews into video format, online reviews become even more personal and trustworthy.
4. Drone videos. Drone videos provide an opportunity to highlight the entire community including popular amenities. For an example of how this looks, visit Mark-Taylor’s homepage.
5. Team highlights. The more trustworthy, friendly and helpful community staff appears, the more prospects will feel comfortable meeting and talking with them. Videos that interview or highlight staff will surely accomplish this goal.
How to Connect With Prospects
This section focuses on how to invite prospects to have further contact with you, with the goal of motivating them to work toward move-in. The following ideas can be incorporated into website’s layout:
– An appointment scheduling box, located on various pages of your website
– A live chat feature, so prospects can ask questions
– Social media icons, so prospects can connect with you on their preferred social media networks
– Google Maps integration, so prospects can conveniently locate your community
– Contact email address and phone number, including a texting option
– Pop ups that serve a helpful, specific purpose. Pop ups should get a prospects email, phone number or provide another way to further engage them
Now is the perfect time to take a look at your website and make sure it is both engaging and inviting to your future renters!